Publish a Plugin
There are several ways to publish a pytest plugin.
Essentially pytest plugins are not different from any other Python Package, so you may want to create a distribution and submit it to the Python Package Index (PyPI).
By doing so, enables your users to easily install via
Python Package Index
Submitting to PyPI that includes the following steps:
- Configuring your plugin (which is already covered in this template)
- Creating a distribution for your project
- Uploading your pytest plugin to PyPI
Please see the official Python Packaging User Guide for detailed information.
If you plan on submitting your plugin to the pytest-dev organization you need to meet the following requirements:
- PyPI presence with a setup.py that contains a license, pytest- prefixed, version number, authors, short and long description.
- a tox.ini for running tests using tox.
- a README describing how to use the plugin and on which platforms it runs.
- a LICENSE file or equivalent containing the licensing information, with matching info in setup.py.
- an issue tracker unless you rather want to use the core pytest issue tracker.
Please see the official guidelines at Submit a Plugin.